Thursday, 5 February 2015

Chilly Paneer Dry Recipe

I remember my child hood days when I used to go with my parents in a restaurant, at that time there was a huge craze for Chinese dishes. I and my sis always used to order Manchurian and Chilly paneer.
Even today, the craze has not gone, we all love Chinese dishes.
This time I prepared for my dearest hubby this very special dish "Chilly Paneer".
Spicy and sweet just like married life.





Ingredients

For marinade and frying
Paneer - 250 gm
Maida/ plain flour - 4 tbs
Salt
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Water - 1/4-1/2 cup
Oil for shallow frying

For sauce
Onion - 2 medium ( cubed )
Capsicum (green) - 1
Green chillies - 2(diagnoly cut )
Chopped ginger - 1 tsp
Chopped garlic - 1tsp
Cabbage- Shredded
Ching's secret paneer chilli sauce mix
Tomato sauce/ tomato ketchup - 2 tbs
Honey- 2tsp
Oil- 2 big tsp
Salt

Method:
1.       In a bowl mix maida and paneer cubes.
2.       Shallow fry the paneer cubes until its light brown.
3.       In a pan add oil, chopped ginger and chopped garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes.   
4.       Add chillies and after few seconds add chopped onion, saute until onion is soft.
5.       Now Add some veggies, capsicum, cabbage….(you can also add zucchini, broccoli, for some variation)
6.       Stir the veggies for 1-2 minutes.
7.       In a small bowl, take water and add ching's secret paneer chilli sauce mix. Mix the mixture well to  remove the lumps
8.       Add this mixture in the kadai and stir well.
9.       Now add paneer, tomato ketchup and honey and stir for a minute.
  Honey minimizes the strong flavour of Chinese masala and gives a sweet touch.
1.     I served this dish on cabbage that gave it an interesting look.

ENJOY!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment