Sunday, 1 March 2015

MyFamily MyPride Moment

Have you ever thought of the small achievements of childhood. How we started walking, eating, studying and playing by our own. You know the best things in life are hidden in the past. We thank God if we pass an exam….or get selected in the interview. Have you ever thought today whatever we
are or whatever we gain in life is because of the small things we learned right from our childhood.

Too much of philosophy...…right? OK let me start this way…..This Sunday I spend some time looking into my old files, where I came across the old mark sheets of my junior KG. It’s fun to look after your mark sheets especially junior ones….trust me on this. Anyways if I tell you how good I was in school then I should keep my mouth shut…I was horrible. I used to fill purple color in mango….my writing was bad….and strangely I used to write letters and numbers up and down. Truly horrified looking into that. God I was too bad.

I just asked my mom one question how did I managed to pass in the examinations. She was like “Badi mehnat ki maine tujpe”. I must say she really did…..

This was not just about passing in the examination; it was about making me realize what mistakes I am doing. Letting me do things myself and allowing making mistakes was the key in teaching to be more self reliant person. She used to sit with me for my studies for long hours, letting me do my homework independently. As I grown up I was made to solve problems alone, yet I had freedom to make choices and learn from my mistakes. She always used to compliment and praise me even for the small tasks which uplifted my confidence level. As I started completing small tasks successfully, I moved on to larger works. She taught me about time management, how to manage time to structure free play and activities.

Mom I must say great job!!! Today whatever I am is because of the guidance and encouragement which helped me to grow into a better, more self-reliant person.

Support system: When a child truly needs your help, they should know that they can count on you. If you teach them to ask for help when they really need it (when something seems unsafe or too challenging), they should know that you will be there to assist them. When a child know they can count on you when they’re really in need, they’ll feel more secure about taking healthy risks and making mistakes.

My mother always used to sing to me whenever I fell down; “Just pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and start all over again!” I still hear it in my head when I've made a blunder.

I have seen the happiness in the eyes of my parents when I say I got selected in the interview, I got promoted….that’s the moment of MyFamily MyPride. http://www.hdfclife.com/  I feel top in the world whenever I make my family proud.

0 comments:

Post a Comment